Thursday, October 2, 2014

Disney's Port Orleans: Riverside Royal Rooms Review and photos...

Ok so on our recent trip hubby and I decided to stay in the recently remodeled Port Orleans Riverside Royal rooms. Now in checking out boards, Blogs, and various pages I just didnt find a whole heck of a lot of pics of these rooms. So I wanted to share them with you here and give you my report on the rooms.
Now silly me I forgot to take pics of the lobby since we had been to the resort before but after staying here this just may be our new go to resort. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. Just a few examples...We decided to stay and extra night once we were on property (This always happens LOL) They managed to get us a same night reservation at the resort for the same price we were already paying and kept us in the same room category. (They even tried to keep us in the same room but it was booked. Actually I ended up liking the new room more!) Another really nice thing they did (It seemed a little dramatic but still) So we attended the MNSSHP on Sept. 23. Now if anyone was there you know the first few hours before the party started (Which we were of course standing in line waiting for Jack & Sally to come out) It was pouring rain. (Funny story is it was raining so hard we caved and bought an umbrella. Problem was it was me, The hubby, & 2 of my best girlfriends. Now you try putting 4 people under one umbrella and not being awful close and personal. We didnt really care about the rain hitting our bodies just our hair and makeup before pics were taken LOL. Actually because it was so amusing this was probably one of the best moments of the whole trip!) Anyway so back to the resort helpfulness...I have bought fishnets to wear with my short dress at the party. Because of all the rain they basically made their own little fishnet pattern in my skin :( So when we went to first aid they were crazy nice. They forced us to sit (Even though we were soaked) On one of the couches so I would be "comfortable" while I waited. You seriously would have thought I broke a leg or something by the way they treated me. I just needed some bandages for the next day lol. More more thing...so of course we got a very cute anniversary call from Mickey and Minnie when we checked in. However when we moved rooms we got another. Definitely makes me smile after a long wet day in the parks to hear Mickey and Minnie singing LOL.
We also enjoyed the fact the resort had so many amenities! Some were free and some low priced. First off in the Riverboat Roost restaurant there was a great comical live musician named “Ye Haa” Bob Jackson. He was an absolute riot and really the atmosphere was wonderful while he was playing! Also something hubby and I had a blast doing...Roasting marshmallows at the campfire! It was a little wet but it was really fun. They had free marshmallows but unfortunately not only was our resort sold out of Graham crackers but so were French Quarter and the campgrounds. Next year we will just have to remember them before we go (I am thinking maybe Mardi Gras?) cause what would be more fun than having S'mores with fellow guests :P An offering I thought was really cool but we did not take advantage of as we don't have children was the Pirate adventure cruise (So sad it cant be done by adults LOL) This is a great way to get away from the kids for a few hours if you do have them! For $37 the kids go on a pirate adventure to search for treasure. Disney provides a snack on the trip as well. For $45 you can take a 25 minute horse drawn carriage ride along the river between the 2 resorts. the rise is for up to 4 adults or 3 adults and  2 small children. They have all sorts of bikes available for rent at low rates too. There are free movies under the stars nightly on the lawn in front of Oak Manor (Nice cause it was the 1st building we stayed in) We watched part of Great Mouse Detective before heading to our room because we were tired LOL. Something kinda cool is that you CAN pool hop between Riverside and French Quarter. Usually pool hopping is a big no no between resorts (Unless you have DVC) however since these are the same property you can enjoy amenities at either resort. Now something we didnt get to do this time but we do plan on doing in a future trip is Cane pole fishing. For under $10 you can rent a pole and feed fish hot dogs at the fishing hole. This is catch and release fishing but I sure think the experience is the best part anyway. For those that really enjoy fishing you can also rent a pontoon boat for a fishing excursion for up to 5 people. We also loved the fact you can take a boat along the river to downtown Disney from these resorts. It is a relaxing maybe 15-20 minute trip with gorgeous views. Bonus that along the way you see the Treehouse Villas from Saratoga Springs 
Ok so now what you were waiting for. On with the pics. There where some things in my excitement I did forget to photograph (Like the quiet pool the was quite literally outside our door in the first room and better photos of the garden outside the second room) But I think it will give you a great idea of the resort and just a few of the amenities offered. I am gonna do 2 sets of rooms photos since we did stay in 2 different rooms!!
Ok so this is the first room we stayed in. This is a pool view room. Once of the big motivating factors on this room was that they have queen size beds instead LOL
So one of the first things we seen is a cute welcome letter for Princess Tiana on the table (The scroll is our take home version ) 


Of course we had Mickey on the bed...


Many of the princesses and their princes were represented in many different ways...

Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach coat hooks...


Jasmine & Aladdin's Magic Carpet and Genie's Lamp...

There was even a mini coverlet featuring all the princess crowns

And I want the wallpaper border from the room!









 As you can see for the rest of these the room was pretty spacious and nicely decorated...FYI...The one above is my uncle...he is a cast member LOL

Not sure if these are intended to be Hidden Mickey's or decorative but I am calling them hidden cause it amuses me to find HM's LOL
And I am sure as anyone who has stayed in a room with these before the fireworks in the headboard just tickled everyone in the party. That's the hubby in this pic testing to see if the decorative pillow was soft LOL



The only thing I didnt care for in the room was it had a sliding pocket style door and the bathroom and I am guessing from the room settling or what not there was a large gap were the door was supposed to meet the wall. this made it slightly difficult to keep the door closed and it did not lock at all.
Here are the pics of our 2nd room...this room was the garden view room. I much preferred this room to the other. the 1st room was a little closer to the main bridge and right next to the quiet pool but the view here was quite beautiful.
Of course we were greeted by Mickey...
And the room was spacious with gorgeous decor...




Again the Princesses and Princes were well represented...

This room even had a great nod to Beauty & The Beast...

Yay!! No pocket door and the bathroom and the double sinks are awesome!




How cute are these safety signs!!

 Now this was a little hard to get a pic of for some reason but this one has to be a hidden Mickey. This was the tile border in the shower...


This is the garden outside the room. I wish I woulda come back and taken more pics but yea...Disney is always about moving on for us LOL. There were 4 princesses represented in the garden. Tiana, Belle, Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty), And Rose Red (Snow White) Were all beautifully captured in this garden.
Finally I have a few pics of the wonderful property. Again I wish I had taken more but we are always on the move at the resort LOL.




The boat to downtown Disney...

Stunning views by the river (Just random...Totally had Concrete Blond's Bloodletting in my head every time I walked on of the trails...
I got the ways and means
To New Orleans
I'm going down by the river
Where it's warm and green
I'm gonna have a drink and walk around
I got a lot to think about)

 One of the "Mansions" On property...

Ol' Man Pool...




These are with my bestie April...I would die for this girl!! This was her very first trip to Disney as an adult!!




See...she even made us smile when we returned to the room after she left...

And had to get the hubby in one so everyone knows he still exists LOL

And yep...we so went to the campfire and roasted marshmallows!!




And so one night after a long day at Epcot we headed in early for pizza and soda in the room...how fun is this...I love being surrounded by Disney...


Overall even with all the obstacles we had an amazing trip. Soon as I can (Hopefully today) I will right up blog posts on both Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party and Food & Wine festival. Even with the rain every day we were there I have to say this is the best Disney trip we have had to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment