Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Easy Zombie Makeup...NO PROSTHETICS!!


Ok so I decided to play today and had all kinds of fun doing this simple zombie makeup! I started with a few coats of Liquid Latex and Zombie Flesh latex. These are cheap as hell at the Halloween store this time of year. (No more than $8 a bottle.)
I used like 3 coats of Liquid latex then 2 coats of the Flesh. Make sure you let it dry between each coat. (You can use a blow dry to speed up the process :)
I added this over my entire cheek with a cosmetic sponge...
When dry it is time to add your base. Now you can use the cheap Halloween grease paint tube but in all honestly I hate those things. They just never smooth out right. So this year MAC put out an amazing Halloween line!! I used the Face & Body in White and the set powder in Invisible. Now if you are just going light for Halloween these will break the bank but for my creepy self and knowing I will use them all year they where perfect. Check out the entire Rick Baker line at MAC.
 I used a foundation brush to apply.
Next take a small brush or toothpick and carefully pull out the scratch marks in the latex.
For this part I used just a bunch of cheap Halloween supplies you can find at any Halloween store.
Using a flat eyeliner brush paint the black along one side of the scratch
 Using a small shadow brush (I grabbed some at the dollar store as to not ruin my good brushes) Paint the Vampire blood opposite the black in your scratch.
Now this is probably the most important item in the makeup and from this point on the realism is just achieved through layering & Blending.
The Gel blood needs to be heated before use. Submerge in a water bath and heat up in the microwave for about a minute. Apply over the entire scratch area quickly. (Mine came with a little mini popsicle  type stick and this was perfect for application.)
Now as this dries it will get a bit of a gummy type texture.
Reapply a slight bit of the black paint to the same side as before.  Then apply the bright red paint as a highlight opposite the black.
Dab your brush along the scratch so you don't have just a straight line.
Apply another layer of the gel blood (This does harden fast so you may need to heat it up again.)
Next I mixed a tiny bit of the black paint with the vampire blood. I used a flat eyeliner brush to bring the scratches to more of a point. (Probably not the best way to do this but hey it worked)
Next I took a "Bruise" Colored eyeshadow....I am super obsessed with this Jane Eye Zing Plum Perfect shadow cause it is just the perfect color...(I even used it for my Hubby's Mad Hatter makeup this year cause he HATES wearing makeup LOL). I used the eyeliner brush to follow on side of the scratch to make it look bruised.
Done with the scratches I moved on to the rest of the makeup.

I used a sponge eyeshadow applicator (I know shocker since I hate the things but I wanted no chance of shadow falling) To ring all the way around my eyelids and under my eyes.
Then I followed the black with a bright deep purple color....(Both colors are just from my 120 color palette from BH Cosmetics)
And completed to my brow for the sunken look with the Jane Plum Perfect....
I added Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on liner to my waterline and Cailyn gel liner in black to my upper lash line. I finished my eyes with MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara.
The lipstick is Night Sky & Cathedral from Morgana's Crypt. She has all kinds of amazing products in all colors! Night Sky is no longer available (It was a black shade) But the Cathedral really is a stunning purple Grey and looks amazing on it's own as well.
FYI...For the Freshly crawled out of the grave hair it is super simple! Mess your hair a bit and add in some baby powder near the top. No real need to brush it through but you may want to fluff or shake your hair to get rid of excess.

And of course add a retarded amount of blood cause what's a zombie without blood.
 
I would love to see how your results came out! Feel free to email me any looks :P

No comments:

Post a Comment