Monday, January 12, 2015

Glitter Felt Mickey Barrettes...

Ok so every year I like to do a little DIY project for xmas for my friends and coworkers. This year I was inspired by a little barrette I saw on our last trip to Disney. It was a simple design and I knew just how easy it would be to make :P
So here is the finished product...
Here is what is needed:
A mickey hole punch or a print out of a 1 inch Mickey silhouette
Sharp Scissors
Black felt
Craft glue
Hot glue gun
Glitter
Blank Barrettes
A silver sharpie or light colors fabric pencil
A cheap paintbrush for the glue
Glitter fix (I used Glitter sealer spray paint)
Ribbon if desired

So first I cut out all my Mickey heads from the felt. I printed out a 1 1/2 mickey silhouette and traced around the pattern on my felt. (I have since found a Mickey shaped punch so I will use that next time.)
 So for the first pair I drizzled on glue on the front and used a brush to spread the glue out....

Then I covered the whole thing in glitter...
It took a couple hours tops to dry. I then used my glue gun to attach the one glitter Mickey to the front and one to the back of the barrettes. As you can see the ones I used had a place to attach them but no worries if yours dont just attach it to the end of the barrette.
So after doing a few this way I decided it would be easier (And less messy) to attach the mickey's before adding glitter...here is them ready for glitter...
I found a little ribbon that reminded me of Minnie too and added that to some of the finished barrettes....
So there ya have it...a simple project that anyone can do. I made probably 50 individual barrettes. I think it took maybe a few hours to complete them all but it was spaced out over a week or so. I am pretty happy with the finished product and people seemed to love them. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment