Thursday, May 29, 2014

Doggie Lawn...A new alternative to those Nasty puppy pads...

So a few weeks ago I stumbled across this AWESOME new subscription service for dogs. It is called Doggie Lawn. This company provides real LIVE grass for training and indoor emergency potty incidents. How genius is that!! I have an older dog who sometimes has trouble getting outside so I knew I needed to try this out. I also have a female dog who can't hold it for long so I am always having to deal with Puppy pads and who really wants to deal with that! This is a much cleaner and eco-friendly way to keep my lovable little furbabies from having accidents in the house! These Doggie Lawns are Biodegradable and Recyclable! 
  • DoggieLawn is a subscription service that delivers REAL grass for your dogs to go to the bathroom on! The subscription has 2 different sizes with different frequencies available. 
  • The Petite size starts at $29 a month. They have monthly, tri-weekly, bi-weekly and weekly plans. This size is just perfect for my dogs...I Have a Pug/Pekingese mix and an Applehead Chihuahua.
  • For the Full Sized Fido option, plans start at $39 a month, based on what state you live in. This plan also comes in a monthly, tri-weekly, bi-weekly or weekly plan! 
  • This service is great for puppies that are being house trained, but also for adult dogs that can't get outside as easily for one reason or the other. 
  • DoggieLawn also offers complimentary training. They also offer a service if you are having your trouble getting the dog to use the lawn where they spray the grass with Pheromones before arriving to attract the animals to it.
  • It's easy to use! Just throw out your grass when you get the new one!
This is what the lawn looks like when it arrives...
 It is self contained in the little box it arrives in. Because this is a live product it is recommended to mix a bit of dish soap and water in a spray bottle and spray the lawn prior to use to keep and bugs from flying on the lawn. Be careful to only mist the grass though as over-watering  may attract bugs more.

A few tips to help your baby adjust to using the new Doggie Lawn:
  • Select a good location. If your dog has a go-to spot in the house put the Doggie Lawn in that area. My Nessie uses a puppy pad so I placed it next to the pad until she got used to it then removed the pad when she started using the lawn.
  • Be Consistent. If you tend to let your dogs out on a usual routine be sure and take your dog to the Doggie Lawn in that same routine. It will help them develop an understanding it is ok to go there. Be sure and praise them or give treats when they use the lawn just like you would when taking them outside.
  • Supervise for the first week. You want to be there to praise your dog for using the product or be there to correct negative behavior...Hey we all know dogs like to dig sometimes :P
  • Prep the grass with scent if needed. If your dog is having trouble getting used to using the grass try using phermones on the grass so they know it is ok to go there. Also Doggie Lawn is happy to pre treat the grass before shipping if you contact them and let them know.
 
It took my dogs a couple of days to get used to the idea of using the Doggie Lawn.  Even now it seems that my female will not pee on the lawn even though she will use a puppy pad for that. However they will use the lawn to go #2. I simply love the product. There is far less smell than with a traditional puppy pad and I can just throw the whole box away when I am done using it so no messy clean up. I have only had the lawn for a week max so right now it is still good. I personally will be choosing to get my deliveries only once a month as it seems like that will be sufficient. So for $29 a month I can have the piece of mind that my little furbabies will not have any accidents in  my house LOL. I am very excited since I am getting ready to move in a month or so and training in a new house it always a chore. 
 

So be sure and check out Doggie Lawn today!


No comments:

Post a Comment