Sunday, March 2, 2014

Creepy Cracked Porcelain Doll Makeup

So yea....I was a little bored today and I had been toying with the idea of doing another full Halloween/Horror type makeup. Not gonna do a full tutorial on this one but I did take a few pics along the way. Nothing special this time it is all just makeup ;)
Here are my supplies...
I started by mixing 2 of my all time favorite liquid foundations to get the kinda color I wanted. I mixed MAC Face & Body foundation in White (This was a seasonal item. It was from the Rick Baker 2013 Halloween line.) & Lancome Teint Miracle in Ivorie 2 (c). Keep in mind I have a very fair complexion so you may need a darker base color. The Lancome is a usual for me. I used this all over my face & neck including my lips and eyes.
Next I brushed on a loose powder all over. I used MAC Set Powder in Invisible. It's a nice white color. (Again this is from the Rick Baker Halloween collection 2013.)
For my cheeks I used The Balm Stainiac. This is a really cool product. It is made for cheeks and lips in a highly blendable formula. I usually use it as a lip stain but today we all know dolls have those nice red circles as cheeks. I used a very thick layer and blended it with my fingers.

Next I used a simple white Wet N Wild pencil to define my eyes. I wanted them to look very large when photographed so instead of just lining my water line and under the eyes I extended the liner to the natural crease under my lower lash line.

And here is where I started forgetting to take pics LOL. Next I used a Starlooks Kohl Eye pencil in Obsidian to make the "holes" and cracks in the porcelain. I started by drawing out a few "sharp" looking shapes and filling them in...
I used the same pencil for  the rest of the work. I lined under my Faux lashline I made with the whit pencil. I drew out the "cracks" for the chips in the porcelain. Next I used my Sephora + Pantone Universe shades of nature palette. (I freaking love this palette...all the colors go so well together!) Using a small shadow brush I used color 19-4205 to "highlight" the cracks and chips. 
For my eyes I Used color 14-2808 just above the white liner on my lid, 17-3911 in the crease, & 12-1310 to almost the brow bone.
I added 2 sets of false lashes...True Or False brand Medusa lashes on the top, Ardell 120 Demi lashes on the bottom. On the top lashes I used MAC Zoom Flash mascara.
I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on liner in Desperation to create my freckles.

 And finally for my lips I used TWC Lip Pencil in Laia (Just really to draw out the shape I wanted) and Be A Bombshell Lip Gloss in Hot Mess.
And here is what it all looks like...


So yea...Kinda had fun with this spur of the moment. Could I do better...Probably. But hey...Now I know what I can improve and how to do it right! I really do hope you enjoyed this overall though. If you have any makeup ideas and such you would like to see me try let me know what they are. I am kinda falling in love with creating crazy fun makeup using just everyday products. 






No comments:

Post a Comment