Saturday, March 29, 2014

Awesome Indie Alert: Mustache Lacquer!

Just a quick post for an awesome indie shop on Etsy called Mustache Lacquer. I got 2 polishes from her awesome new Vampire collection. 
 Believe it or not you can pick up the full 5 piece collection of .25ml bottles for only $20 plus shipping!! 
The Vampire Collection
- Impulsive: This polish has a very warm purple jelly base, and is sprinkled with bright sky blue glitter in two sizes.
- Decadent : This polish is a semi-sheer rich red base with lots of gold shimmer - both bright yellow gold and dusky orange gold - mixed in.
- Enduring: The polish is a greyed rose color with a silvery, subtle scattered holo shimmer.
- Smolder: This polish is a dusky greyed brown full of fine, golden shimmer in yellow gold and bright orange flakes.
- Abomination: This black polish is absolutely chock full of glitter - silver in several sizes, plus iridescent hexes.

I picked up Abomination & Decadent to try out. Individually the polishes are $5 plus shipping. Basically if you buy the collection it is like getting one free!
Seriously...How awesome are these little bottles!!
Ok so I am gonna have to do another post for Abomination when I get a chance but these polishes where so perfect together I just had to use them together!!

First I used 2 coats of Decadent. Its a great dark red jelly base that is pretty and nice sheer with just one coat but builds to a gorgeous Blood red. It has a gold micro glitter too. I used 2 coats....



Seriously....This is my new favorite red. My only complaint.....I MUST have a full size bottle and she does not carry them :(

Ok so I tried something I been meaning to try for awhile now and for some reason never got around to it. I tried going with a 2 tone sponge applied mani. So please forgive me if it's a little off but like I said I really wanted to use the colors together. 
 
I sponged on one coat of Abomination at the tips of my nails and let it dry. Then I sponged on a second coat. Abomination is a high shine black base with a fine silver glitter and small iridescent hexes. It has a very slight texture alone but if you apply maybe 2 coats of top coat it would disappear if you wanted it to. 



See what I mean!! They compliment each other perfectly!! Abomination will have full coverage you can only see red through it since I sponge applied. I added 1 coat of Butter London P.D. Quick topcoat.

So my verdict...I LOVE this collection!! You know me I am obsessed with anything dark. I am thinking I need to go back and pick up Implusive  soon too! Oh and the shop owner is awesome! She was in constant contact and I knew exactly when I would receive my order. Now that is awesome Customer service right there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment