Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Indie Cosmetics review & Swatches...Impulse Cosmetics...

Alright ladies here are a few new swatches and looks for the Indie cosmetic company Impulse Cosmetics. Talk about your amazing all around indie cosmetic store! Now I only purchased a few shadows but this store has it all! The carry unique lipsticks, Custom nail polishes, and even solvent resistant glitters. And OMG the prices are AMAZING! Nothing in this shop is over $8.99 and that is for a custom made polish. Eyeshadows are only 3.99 for a 5g sifter jar. Premade polishes are only 3.99!! And Lipsticks are 6.99 and the colors are just amazing! You just can't beat that!! Shipping was timely and reasonable rates.

Ok so since this was a test run for this company I just bought some of the sample baggies  offered in the store. These are always a great way to try out a new company. Impulse has probably the best rate I have ever seen for samples to date. You can choose from 2 to 25 samples in your order which I think is just awesome. Sample prices start out at just $1.80 for 2 and run up to $22.50 for 25. That's less than $1 a sample baggie!!

I opted to pick up 5 samples this order and bout the following colors...
AlchemyTormalineWitching HourScramble, & Slayer (it seems this is not in the 
shop anymore).


Alchemy is a duochrome teal with a dark base and gold, silver, and blue shimmers.

I didnt use any primer for this look.Alchemy is the outer corner color.
Also used: BH Cosmetics California Collection in Malibu (Center), Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in Penny (inside corner and under eye liner, MAC Mineralize shadow in Unsurpassable (Right above the crease, Loreal paris Wear Infinite shadow in Sweet Chemise (At brow line), And Elizabet mott It's So Big Mascara..

Next is Tormaline. Tormaline is an emerald green that shifts into teal with aqua and lime sparkles. OMG...How I wish this color captured better! It really is a gorgeous dark emerald color!

Yall know I love me some green cause it totally bring out the green in my eyes. Again I used no primer for this look.


I used the Tormaline in the crease. I also used My Pretty Zombie eyeshadow in Bettie, A white shimmer shadow above the crease to my brow (no idea the brand LOL), Kat Von D Autograph eye pencil in Eyegasm, and Elizabeth Mott it's So Big Mascara.

Next we have Scramble. Scramble is a duochrome purple that flashes into aqua/teal with blue and teal sparkles.


I don't recall using a primer with this look but if I did it was Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.

Scramble I used in the crease, The inside of my lid I used Glamour Doll Eyes shadow in Candy floss, and above the crease I used My Pretty Zombie Lulu Cupcake shadow. I finished the look with Urban Decay 24/7 glide on liner and Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara.

 For this look I also used Scramble along with the stunning Witching Hour. Witching Hour is a silky, matte black loaded with purple, teal, and magenta pink sparkles. This shadow really is a sparkler!

For this look I know I used Pixie Epoxy as a primer and I would not recommend using it with these shadows. I had an impossible time getting this look smooth as it all just kept pulling off the primer.
Witching hour is in the outside corner, Then Scramble. The inside corner and above the crease is MAC Venomous Villians in Her Alter Image. I also used Urban Decay liner in Zero and MAC Haute & Naughty mascara.

For the final look and my absolute favorite I used Slayer. Way sad this isnt currently on the shop but I am gonna write her and see if she still has the color. It is a fantastic Deep red shadow! And I can't live without my reds LMAO. 



Isn't this look just AWESOME! LOL. I am obsessed with it and have worn it a few times since I did this look. 
I used Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy for my primer.

Ok so on the ouside corner I used Witching hour. Inside that is Slayer. I also used shadows from the now defunct Altered Ego Cosmetics. Unfortunately these do not have color labels. Basically there is a shimmery rose pink and the inside corner and above the crease is a shimmer peach. At the brow line I used Urban Decay Polyester Bride. Under my eye I used Urban Decay 24/7 glide on liner in Riot. On the top lid I used Blackheart Revolution Liquid Liner in Black Holo. I finished the look with Guerlain Cils D' Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara.

Will I buy  from the store again...ABSOLUTELY!! Next time I needa grab some lippies and polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment